Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A little break...

So I have taken a mini vacation lately from calorie counting, weighing myself weekly, and being strict with that sort of thing. Frankly, I was exhausted and did not want to completely burn out. I have learned a lot about how many calories are in what foods and how much my body needs to get through the day. I guess I wanted to put myself to the test and see if I could put what I have learned into everyday life without the accountability of a calorie and food diary. I have done pretty well I think. Even while going out to dinner I have really tried to examine the menu and ask myself what my body wanted instead of what perked the interest of my mind.

I am tapering for my race on Saturday, and trying to make sure my body is thourghly rested, prepared, and properly fueled. I have focused on nutrients and fuel going into my body, rather than "x" number of calories in and out of my body. Every morning I have really concentrated on what my body is asking it needed. I have also thought a lot about Saturday and what I need in order to be fueled correctly for that race. I have to say, I am getting really nervous. I have been training for so long, but I'm not sure if I ever would feel totally "prepared" for this. I have set differnt time goals throughout training based on how I felt, but I think as long as I cross the finish in the race time limit I will be really happy. Lots to think about this week!!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment