Sunday, October 18, 2009

Goals for the rest of October, 8 minute abs/arms

So starting next month I am going to break my goals down by week and month for food, life, and working out... I have thought a lot about this and tried different ways to set and keep track of goals. I really like how Fitting Back In prints out her strength workouts and takes them to the gym with her! I decided to try and start doing something similar.

Yesterday I put a binder together with some workouts that I made (and some from Fitting Back In!) so I always have a place to go and pull one on my way to working out! I even made a section of the binder for the "Current Week". The plan is to try and plan my workouts for the whole week on Sunday night (while watching Desperate Housewives of course) and print them out for the binder :) To make my workouts one of the trainers gave me this fantastic web site called exrx.net. Its awesome, you can chose different muscle groups and they show you example of exercises to work out that part of your body!


The great thing is that I have put together a lot of workouts that I can do at home! I have 5 and 8 pound dumb bells that I keep at home, and with the help of a chair, a yoga mat, and a coffee table (and a little creativity of course) I have been able to make some great "do-at-home-while-watching-Criminal-Minds" workouts. Side note, does anyone else love this show as much as my husband and me? Its sooo good!

So here is the plan for this weeks workouts:
Week of October 19:

Monday:
Run 3 miles
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps




Tuesday:
Run 4 miles
Bicepts, back
8 minute Abs video

Wednesday:
Run 4 miles
Legs

Thursday:
Run 4 miles
8 Minute Abs
8 Minute Arms

Friday:
Off (traveling to Bucknell!)

Saturday:
Run 4-5 miles at BUCKNELL with Katie :)

Its pretty aggressive, but I'm excited about it!!!!'


So I found some total 80's "8 minute workouts" on youtube this morning and was surprised to see that everything in them (besides the outfits) still holds true! I especially like the 8 minute abs, and 8 minute arms.

Have a wonderful sunday everyone! I am hoping to keep posting this week to update you on how I'm doing witht he workouts goals! Also, you can see my calendar to the right with what I have done even if there isnt a post :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out - great post! "while watching desperate housewives of course" LOL I know exactly what you mean - CAN'T WAIT to see your workouts! It is fun to make them and have the plan - then you just do it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to see how passionate you are for running! Neat :-)

    ReplyDelete