Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bad blogger and Mexican Egg-White Omelette.

Yes, I have been a very bad blogger lately. The good news is I have a lot of pictures of the food I have eaten over the past 2 weeks and it has (for the most part) been on track with a healthy life style :)

I have noticed lately that a lot of bloggers who post healthy recipes have ingredients that are only available at places like Whole Foods and other specialty stores. Frankly, I really cant afford Whole Foods or anything really fancy right now, so I have been sticking to the basics. Some of it isnt particularly exciting, but the food I have been eating and the recipes I have been coming up with are fun, easy, fresh, and clean. I have decided to post a lot of them here :)

My first masterpiece....
(pics to come soon)

Mexican Egg White Omelette:

Ingredients:

.25 cups egg whites
1 egg
1 small tomatoe diced
1 tbsp red onion diced
smidge shredded cheddar cheese
.25 avacado sliced
small amount of hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Grease a frying pan using fat free cooking spray (not butter!!!). Combine egg whites and egg and scramble. Put into frying pan, add the tomatoes on top. Allow egg combination and tomatoe to cook for about 2-3 minutes. When the eggs resemble a pancake fold each side into the center. Place cheese on top and cover. When cheese is melted remove from pan onto plate. Add avacado slices on top of the omelette along with hot sauce. Enjoy :)

The skinny...
Calories: 244
Fat: 18g
Carbs 6.9 g
Protein 14.9 g

Note: although this meal is slightly higher on the fat content than I would normally like, it is mostly healthy fats. Also, the amount of protein in the meal keeps me from wanting to snack a lot throughout the morning. Also, this is a great breakfast on a day with a long run planned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment