Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall in New England

Its unofficially official. It is is fall in new england :)

Growing up I always loved summer. Summer meant freedom from school, long days at Kipps Run swim club, and lightning bugs in the evening in the back yard. Both of my parents are teachers so they were always home in the summer. My summers were filled with amazing memories, trips to Ocean City, MD with some of our best family friends, and 4th of July picnics at my God mothers house. Summer ruled.

Now, however, since I have graduated from college and am living in New England my feelings have changed. I no longer have an entire SEASON off from work, and summer no longer means "freedom". In fact, over the last 3 years we have taken a vacation in January instead of July. And with these changes, I have found myself falling in love with FALL.

Fall in New England means VIBRANT colors on all the trees, chilly morning, sweaters, scarfs, and hot apple cider. As you know, as of late I consider myself a pretty avid runner. There is nothing that can compare to a long run on a chilly fall morning, taking in all the colors, and stretching outside in my backyard. Its amazingly peaceful and is a big part of the reason why I now love this time of year.

Happy fall everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment