Sunday, July 12, 2009

Goal Setting Sunday, Motivation Monday, Weigh In Wednesday, and My New Plan

Hello blog world. After having SO much fun reading other weight loss, health, and just everyday blogs I have a few ideas. I am going to start having themes for some of the days:

Goal Setting Sunday:
As I said in my last post I am going to set a goal for each week. I will post it on sunday and update you through out the week.

Motivation Monday:
I have found SO many motivational blogs out there! The blog world if filled with so many STRONG women who are doing everything in their power to be healthy and live long and satisfying lives. This is so much more motivating than seeing a picture in a magazine and saying "I want to look like that". So each monday I will pick one of these blogs and put a link in my post. If I am at a loss for who to put in the post, I will put a motivating quote or story.

Weigh in Wednesday:
To keep me on track I will weigh myself once a week and post it, no matter what it says. I hope people out in blog world will leave comments with their progress as well :)


Let me just say, I have had one amazing week. I start my new job tomorrow and took this past week off to really reflect on myself and what I want in life. It was amazing. I got to run everyday, sit outside in the sun and just THINK and REFLECT on my life, what I want out of this job, and what decisions I want to make in the future in order to get the life I really want. Here are some things I learned:

*My body cannot sleep in anymore. This was very sad to learn. Even though I did not have to wake up to an alarm, my eyes were wide open at 7AM almost everyday.

*I really love to cook and to find healthy recipes. I have always had a huge aversion to most domestic activities. I am horrible at laundry, burn most things I try to microwave let alone cook on a stove. This week I loved making myself breakfast and lunch. I really concentrated on what my body was ASKING for, and not on what my mind WANTED. This led to less urges to purge what I was eating and the best part, NO GUILT!!!

*I am stronger than I think, and I am more capable than I can imagine. I realized this week that some of the reasons I have been so unhappy is because I never thought of myself as capable to make decisions for myself. I always assumed I would be wrong and took the advice other people gave me as stead fast truth. I learned this week that if I listen to my body, mind, and soul they will tell me what will truly make me happiest.

These (and many more) realizations lead me to my new plan for weight loss and health:
I will plan ahead for meals and try to cook for myself and for my husband. We will listen to our bodies and what nutrition they are truly craving. I think that cooking together, planning meals together, and grocery shopping together, will bring us closer as a married couple as well. I am going to try and eat 4-5 small meals and snacks a day in order to bring up my metabolism so I have energy al day long. Breakfast will consist of 200-300 calories and will ALWAYS have fruit and whole grain. A mid morning snack will most likely be yogurt or fruit with a few walnuts thrown in for an added crunch. I am thinking lunch will consist of a salad with some sort of lean meat or a sandwich with whole wheat bread. Mid afternoon will hopefully be a veggie with hummus (love love love!). and Dinner will be whatever my hubby and I make together that is healthy and full of nutrients. I am very excited about this plan and look forward to seeing how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment